SourceMed is currently seeking a Vice President of Human Resources for its Corporate Office
in Birmingham, AL.
Summary of Position:
As a Vice President of HR, you will be a key member of the SourceMed Leadership Team with the overall goal of leading the Human Resources function within the organization.
This role will report directly to the CFO and will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing HR Strategies at SourceMed including Talent Acquisition, Retention, Performance Management, Compensation, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, and the Design / Implementation / Measurement of HR Programs, Policies, and Practices. This role will drive all aspects of fostering and growing the SourceMed culture. This will be a collaboration between the VP HR and the SourceMed leadership team to build a robust culture of innovation, excellence, accountability and service.
To meet your objectives, you will lead the HR Team and partner closely with our Executive Leadership Team to develop and execute plans for the organization based on an ongoing needs assessment.
To be successful in this role, you will need a high degree of business acumen with a solid understanding of how to integrate HR objectives with business strategy to drive innovation, change, organizational alignment, leadership development and talent management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develops and implements strategic Talent Acquisition plans to ensure selection of highly qualified employees. Provides leadership in this area by serving as primary recruiter for client groups served.
2. Partners with leaders in all aspects of employee relations, performance management, and compensation. Ensures goals and objectives for individual positions are aligned with the strategic direction of SourceMed.
3. Drives transactional and reporting excellence in all areas of the HR practice by working with the HR Manager to lead the design/implementation/measurement of HR procedures in all areas. Documents procedures in all applicable areas and holds stakeholders accountable for execution.
4. Consults with Leadership and Employees to provide employee engagement and recognition programs to promote and foster a positive work environment.
5. Deploys solid project management skills throughout the project management cycle, including needs assessment, proposal process, timeline management and final deliverables.
6. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations in all areas.
7. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
--Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, human resources or related discipline
--7+ years of progressive HR Leadership experience, preferably in the role of an HR Generalist
--Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity, recognize trends and identify systemic approaches to solving problems
--Experience working with senior executives, multiple groups and/or matrixed organizations
--SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR a plus
--Intermediate to Expert end user of common office technology (MS Office, Web-based Applications, etc.) History of self-training on new applications as necessary
--Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
--Limited to 25% travel is required.
SourceMed offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.sourcemed.net
Infinity Insurance Company currently has an opening for a Payroll Specialist at our Birmingham corporate office. This position is responsible for completing multi-state payroll processing and related functional services for 2,000+ employees. This is a critical role within the company that requires uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy.
In this role, you'll:
- Complete accurate and timely on-cycle, off-cycle and final check payroll processing tasks, preparation of funding, reconciliations and related reports using Workday payroll processing.
- Calculate and prepare general ledger entries, inspecting automated system output such as registers and standard reports, determining and correcting out-of-balance conditions, as well as gathering payroll data for inclusion in financial statements.
- Prepare and oversee the filing of tax reports related to payroll, including year-end/W2 processing.
- Oversee and ensure proper processing of all levies and garnishment requirements.
- Lead or provide input and assistance for payroll projects; maintains documentation to payroll processes and procedures and recommends changes.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of systems, processes and work assignments within the payroll/HRIS system to allow for timely responses to management and employee questions relating to paychecks, payroll processing and benefit balances.
- Master knowledge of company policies and payroll legislation and requirements in states in which Infinity has employees and ensures that Company is properly registered with each state. Generates reports and payment of some taxes directly to the state.
- Effectively work with outside vendors, auditors, IRS and/or State Tax Departments as needed
- Knowledge of current payroll government regulations in conjunction with federal and state laws as well as knowledge of current payroll best practices.
- Minimum of three (3) years previous experience in multi-state payroll processing using Workday, PeopleSoft, ADP, etc….
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or Business Administration preferred. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Above average attention to detail, independent thinking and analytical skills.
- FCP or CCP Certification preferred.
- Must be able to meet bi-weekly, monthly and annual deadlines in an accurate, timely manner with little margin for error.
- Has access to and must maintain confidential information and records.
- Work is sometimes performed with little direct supervision.
- May require non-standard and/or additional work hours.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a strong, local company. EOE.
Please visit our website to apply. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits.
Title: HR Manager - Benefits
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama
Compensation and Benefits is responsible for all associate payrolls and the administration of associate benefit plans. Compensation and Benefit Specialists are available to our associates to answer questions they may have regarding payroll, tax withholding, and benefits such as health, dental, life insurance, family and medical leave, and retirement plans.
The incumbent is accountable for directing, controlling, and executing welfare benefit plans (such as health, dental, disability, 401(k)). The incumbent is charged with making the best use of both human and technical resources. The use of performance management is essential to motivating associates and leading to the successful outcome of all performance objectives. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring consistent quality customer service is provided to associates. Responsibilities also include government and regulatory reporting; as well as coordination and oversight of the systems and tools which support related business functions.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management or business related field
- Minimum five years experience working with benefits or related experience
- Experience in a position requiring interpretation and application of laws, regulations or policies
- Experience in a position which required developing, interpreting and communicating information; both oral and written
- Experience in a position exercising independent judgment and complex decision making
- Experience in a role requiring the application of analytical thinking to research, design, and implement new processes, programs and systems
- Experience interacting with all levels of associates and management
- Experience in a position addressing sensitive situations with confidentiality and diplomacy
- Proficient with MS Office
- Working knowledge of relational database systems is required
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft operation system preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Response Instruction: To apply for this position visit www.bcbsal.jobs
Company: HRM has been retained to assist with hiring an HR Generalist for a Birmingham based growing company. Our client is an employee-focused, highly profitable company with locations throughout the United States. This is a unique position that ‘touches’ the entire life-cycle of the employee population. Stable work experience with the ability to articulate level of expertise a necessity. Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience.
Job Summary: This position is responsible for working closely with Human Resources Business Partner to deliver and manage the employee related policies and programs of the organization. This position will focus on providing professional level support to the assigned operating unit and will also manage and maintain the HRIS system for the operating unit employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Update and maintain the HRIS system for all employees within the assigned operating unit. Process employee data changes including new hire, termination, salary change, etc. in the system ensuring data accuracy and integrity at all times. Serve as the main point of contact for producing reports as needed.
- Manage the time and attendance information within HRIS. Serve as an expert in the system and provide training to employees as needed. Ensure timesheet information is submitted/entered as needed.
- Provide support to the HR Business Partner in the recruiting process. Post positions internally and externally as needed. Schedule phone screens and interviews as needed. Conduct phone screens at the direction of the HR Business Partner. Make travel arrangements for external interviews as needed. Prepare offer letters and submit application information for background checking.
- Serve as a point of contact for employee questions regarding benefits and Human Resources policy. Under the general guidance of the Human Resources Business Partner, provide human resources support and services to all members of the assigned unit.
- Conduct new employee orientation within the first three days of hire for all newly-hired employees.
- Serve on various committees within the operating units such as wellness, employee activities, etc.
- Work with corporate human resources department members to implement and manage company-wide initiatives.
- Participate in various projects as assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and a minimum of 5 year of human resources experience.
- Diplomacy in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization as well as with outside customers and vendors.
- Knowledgeable in various software packages including Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Response Instruction: Please reply to this posting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org