Title: Benefits Administrator
Department: Human Resources
Job Code: BENADM
Location: Corporate Office
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 25%
This position is responsible for the administration if associate benefit programs to include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability, employee assistance program, accident and critical illness, payroll savings plan, stock purchase plan and the 401(k) plan. Answers benefits questions and resolves issues.
She/he must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills for assisting associates of all Books-A-Million associates. They should have knowledge of and familiarity with Lawson Software, the primary HRIS/BENEFITS system used by the company.
The Benefits Administrator will work closely with other members of the Human Resources team to assure timely administration of benefits and dissemination of pertinent information. They will also work with the Payroll team to ensure all deductions are communicated and taken in a timely manner. They will perform other duties related to Books-A-Million benefits as directed by the Vice President of Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; basic hospital, medical, surgical, and major medical plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies and supplemental programs
Responds to associate questions regarding their benefits and resolves any issues or problems
Maintains up to date and accurate benefit records using the Lawson system. Submits detailed reports weekly to vendors via Lawson file feed.
Completes accurate benefits transactions via the Lawson system including New Hires, Associate status changes, Qualifying Events, Open Enrollment and other deductions as indicated
Processes information to the SunTrust website including distributions for terminations, retirements or deaths
Processes and submits the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Preferred Account Voucher detail
Processes 401 (k) information including Loan Detail reports, Auto Termination Report
Informs new hires regarding their health and welfare benefits including instruction for associates to enroll in the Self Service portal
Process and submit required reports for benefits eligibility, enrollment, COBRA, payroll and others as required
Submits and tracks manual benefit payments for associates on Leaves of Absence
Installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or similar degree program required.
SPHR, CBP or CEBS certification(s) preferred.
Two or more years related experience in a Benefits Administration position
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with associates at all levels across the enterprise in person, via phone or written correspondence.
Highest regard for confidentiality of all information related to associates, dependents, and their personally identifiable information.
Intermediate to advanced skills of computer software including LAWSON, MS WORD and EXCEL.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Response Instruction: If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Jana Green at email@example.com visit our website at booksamillion.com to apply directly.
Title: Payroll Benefits Specialist
Company: Coosa Valley Medical Center
Process a biweekly payroll for 600+ employees
Explain, administer and enroll employees in benefit plans.
Process all enrollments, changes and terminations for benefit plans with vendors.
Accurately review, reconcile and submit monthly invoices to accounting in a timely manner utilizing vendor billing tools.
Act as liaison between benefit vendor and employees. Conduct monthly audit of contributions received against premiums paid.
Research and resolve benefits issues in a professional manner in compliance with plan documents and escalate issues as necessary for resolution.
Performs other duties as assigned.
High school education required, AD or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum of 1 - 5 years of experience administering comprehensive Payroll and/Benefits. Minimum two experience in with general knowledge of applicable laws and regulations. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel.
Experience with a Payroll HRIS software.
Exceptional customer service skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Professionalism, tact, and diplomacy and the ability to deal with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
Friendly, approachable and empathetic demeanor.
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
Response Instruction: http://www.cvhealth.net/
Title: Benefits Specialist
Company: EWTN Global Catholic Network
Location: Irondale, AL
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for administering the day to day activities of the group benefits programs (medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plans and 403b). Under the guidance of the Human Resources Manager, the Benefits Specialist will administer plans and serve as liaison with employees, benefit providers, benefit broker and other third-party vendors as necessary, ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws. Provides other Human Resources support as necessary.
- Conduct new hire benefits Orientation including overview of all benefits, policies and procedures.
- Explain, administer and enroll employees in benefit plans.
- Enter new hire information in HRIS (ADP) and make all adjustments/changes as necessary.
- Process all enrollments, changes and terminations for benefit plans with vendors.
- Accurately review, reconcile and submit monthly invoices to accounting in a timely manner utilizing vendor billing tools.
- Coordinate annual open enrollment process: prepare materials, employee communications, process paperwork and enter data in ADP as necessary.
- Administer disability plans and serve as liaison for employee, managers, and insurance company tracking and reporting information.
- Provide leave of absence administration, including disseminating information and FMLA notification and tracking.
- Prepare exit paperwork for separating employees including COBRA and conduct exit interview if necessary.
- Act as liaison between benefit vendor and employees on 403(b) plan inquiries regarding contributions, loans, and distributions.
- Prepare reports as necessary and send quarterly reports to Payroll. Work closely with payroll to review and resolve any discrepancies.
- Conduct monthly audit of contributions received against premiums paid.
- Research and resolve benefits issues in a professional manner in compliance with plan documents and escalate issues as necessary for resolution.
- Work with HR Manager to develop and analyzes relevant reports to ensure compliance with various state and federal laws, including the Affordable Care Act, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.
- Review and submit employee loan requests for approval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience administering comprehensive benefit plans (preferably in a mid-sized/large organization) for a multi-location employer.
- Demonstrated current knowledge of HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ACA, ADA and applicable federal and state laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel.
- Experience with ADP HRIS software.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Professionalism, tact, and diplomacy and the ability to deal with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Friendly, approachable and empathetic demeanor.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Affinity for EWTN’s mission and understanding of the Catholic Faith.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field
- Certifications such as CEBS, CCP, PHR/SPHR
Benefits include: Medical, dental, FSA, vision, life & disability, retirement plan with employer match, paid time off, and 10 paid holidays. EOE.
Response Instruction: Please submit resume, cover letter & salary requirements via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about EWTN and our mission, please visit our website at www.ewtn.com.
Title: HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner will be focused on driving business success. This key role provides HR leadership, partnership and support to sub-functions of the business ensuring achievement of business strategies and objectives by maximizing human capital. This includes building business partner relationships based on trust and credibility, and the flawless execution of HR programs, policies, and practices so that quality objectives and deadlines are met successfully. Excellent communication skills, customer service focus, decision-making, creative and innovative problem-solving, leadership abilities, and executive maturity are keys to success in this role. Independent judgment and discretion are important qualities as many duties performed are of a critical & confidential nature. Ability to remain neutral and represent the company, the leader, and the employee to promote a fair and equitable work environment. Ability to produce high quality work, be flexible, prioritize business demands, anticipate needs, be proactive, and take initiative is also crucial.
Enterprise Core Competencies:
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
- Provide strategic direction and input to business leaders at the Director and below level regarding overall Human Resource strategies that support the culture, company direction, and the needs of the business and employees. Responsible for representing the client’s needs and providing client feedback to the Specialist teams.
- Provide expert counsel and coaching to leaders and employees on HR programs, policy and procedures, employment/labor laws, conflict resolution, change management, diversity, and organizational development and design. Provide support and coaching to ensure continuous development of our current and future leaders.
- Respond to customer concerns around performance management, improvement, harassment, discrimination, misconduct, employee safety, teamwork, etc.
- Promote employee satisfaction through implementing and supporting world class HR programs and resolution of employee issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that performance assessments, merit and bonus allocations are calibrated within each department and aligns with business results.
- Advise and assist the Director of Human Resources on interventions and strategies to enhance T-Mobile’s Best Place to Perform.
- Translates workforce data into meaningful plans for leaders to act upon. Identify and recommend areas of improvement (e.g., ensures acceptable levels of employee turnover, Employee Satisfaction Survey results are delivered and action plans are created and implemented, clarification of processes, assures programs are in place to motivate and retain employees, etc.);
- Ensure compliance of all employment/labor laws through programs, practices, policies, investigations, training, and actions. Maintain current and complete understanding of Federal and State employment laws such as (Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, sexual harassment, and NLRA. ). Protect company’s interests by ensuring all legal requirements are met and complied with through proactive practices, investigations and actions. Interpret and administer policies fairly and, consistently within legal boundaries.
- Serve as subject matter expert on HR projects as needed.
- 5-8+ years of experience as an HR Generalist or other highly consultative HR role with an emphasis in employee relations and organizational development.
- Very strong service orientation; sense of urgency with ability to prioritize; high-level of personal integrity.
- Ability to work well under pressure and flexible in adapting and responding to changing situations.
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player; commitment to delivering results; solutions oriented; strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to present, train, influence, and negotiate.
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills along with project management and program development skills; effective partnering with T-Mobile stakeholders to achieve success in attracting and retaining the best talent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio .
- Experience with SAP or similar HRIS systems.
Bachelors Degree. Business, Human Resources or related field.
License or Certification:
PHR/SPHR/ certification preferred.
Response Instruction: www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=76646053895-197
Title: Associate Director of Payroll, Benefits, & Recruitment
Company: VIVA Health
Location: Birmingham, AL
VIVA Health is searching for an Associate Director of Payroll, Benefits, & Recruitment based in our Birmingham Office. This position will perform a variety of technical and professional work in directing and overseeing the Human Resources functional areas of payroll, benefits, compensation, recruitment, FMLA management, unemployment compensation, worker’s compensation, record keeping, record retention, and fundraising. This position will provide management and leadership support for employees engaged in delivering these services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business, Finance, or related field, 5 – 7 years’ progressive responsibility in payroll, compensation, benefits analysis/design, and HRIS, and 3 – 5 years’ experience in a management role.
7 – 10 years progressive responsibility in payroll, compensation, benefits analysis/design, and HRIS, and PHR/SPHR or other applicable industry recognized license.
Interested in joining us in our commitment to caring?
Response Instruction: www.vivahealthcareers.com to complete the application for the Associate Director of Payroll, Benefits, & Recruitment.
EOE: M/F/Vet/Disabled or any other protected status
Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Building & Earth Sciences, Inc.
Location: Birmingham, AL
Supervisor's Title: Director, Human Resources & Safety
The HR Coordinator is an essential member of the HR team responsible for assisting the HR Director in the day-to-day administration of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k plan) and maintaining and updating the master file of the employee database. The HR coordinator will coordinate new employee onboarding and documentation compliance. HR coordinator will also be involved in recruiting new talent and administering the performance management system as well as improving HR systems and processes.
1. Assist the HR Director in developing team member benefit procedures.
2. Maintaining and updating the employee database using the Ultipro system.
3. Coordinate on-boarding of new talent and communication of employee benefits.
4. Planning, organizing and directing the activities related to group health, group life, dental, vision and 401k retirement plan.
5. Updating and submitting benefit program invoices for payment.
6. Reviewing and assuring compliance with Federal and State Statutes as it effects team member benefits.
7. Assigning priorities and deadlines as it relates to benefit projects throughout all locations.
8. Preparing special reports and records.
9. Directing and teaching the performance management function.
10. Reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews and processing offer letters.
11. Maintaining employee records and E-Verify.
12. Assisting in the review of employee benefit programs
13. Acting as a liaison between all benefit vendor representatives and our team members.
14. Preparing and developing communication and educational materials regarding the benefits package for all insured team members.
15. Review and monitoring performance agreements with the flexible benefit plan administrator and participating as the client performance team member.
16. Monitoring and reviewing performance agreements with all medical plan providers.
17. Overseeing the reconciliation of health plan monthly eligibility and premium reports.
18. Performing other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
2. Minimum two years’ progressive experience in benefits administration.
3. Knowledge of ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA and insurance practices.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
5. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
6. Thorough knowledge of office practices.
7. Excellent command of Microsoft products, including word, excel and PowerPoint
8. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
9. Remain current on changing Federal and State regulations and legislation that may affect team member benefits.
10. Ability to problem solve by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner.
Reliable and flexible
Strong administrative skills
Resourceful and well organized
People-person personality while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
Response Instruction: Qualified candidates should send resume to Careers@BuildingAndEarth.com
Title: HR Coordinator, HR Assistant, & Corporate Recruiter
Company: VIVA Health
Due to substantial growth, VIVA Health is looking to fill several important positions on our Human Resources team based in our Birmingham corporate office.
HR Coordinator: This position coordinates various HR functions such as payroll, Benefits, FMLA, Worker's Comp, HRIS; assists leadership in the development and implementation of initiatives; and serves as an HR subject matter expert. Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years’ experience required. PHR/SPHR preferred.
HR Assistant: Responsibilities include serving as the corporate receptionist, providing clerical support, and assisting with various tasks related to benefits, payroll, recruiting, on-boarding, employee relations, and training. HS/GED & 1-3 years’ experience working in a clerical setting required.
Corporate Recruiter: This position will coordinate recruiting efforts and will aid in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the Company, both internally and externally. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, 3-5 years’ experience recruiting both exempt & non-exempt positions.
EOE: M/F/Vet/Disabled or any other protected status
Response Instruction: Interested in joining us in our commitment to caring? Apply online at: www.vivahealthcareers.com
Title: Assistant to the Vice President of Business Affairs (VPBA) and Enrollment Management (VPEM)
Company: University of Montevallo
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of the office of the Vice President for Business Affairs and the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
1. Manage the central office of the Division of Business Affairs and the office of the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
2. Serve as confidential assistant and advise the VPs of matters of critical nature; make administrative decisions and resolve problems of significance in accordance with University policy and State law.
3. Support other areas in each Division to achieve goals and fulfill directives; assist with program planning and development; communicate with all areas of the institution and with outside constituents.
4. Schedule and manage calendars for VP of Business Affairs and VP of Enrollment Management.
5. Process contracts, requests for payment, invoices, reimbursements and file once completed.
6. Attend functions and meetings on behalf of the Division of Business Affairs and Enrollment Management.
7. Maintain office organization and implement filing system.
8. Analyze information and assist with budgets.
9. Coordinate meetings, and design professional development programs and necessary materials.
10. Greet guests, provide customer service, answer phones, resolve problems, respond to inquiries via phone and email.
11. Assist VPEM and Division personnel with events, mailings, orientation and other duties as needed.
12. Serve as the web official, update and design VPBA web presence as well as publish updates for the division.
13. Process mail and handle accordingly.
14. Create forms and spreadsheets; assist with and or perform special projects as directed.
15. Supervise the work of Student Assistants, if applicable; manage schedule and assign office duties.
16. Arrange travel for VPBA and VPEM and respective divisions.
17. Maintain inventory and order supplies for divisions.
18. Compose, edit, and send Broadcast emails on behalf of the division.
19. Provide administrative support to the Special Assistant to the President, including but not limited to preparation of expense reports and travel authorizations, and meeting preparation activities.
20. Assist with quarterly reporting and preparations for Board of Trustees and Committee meetings.
21. Maintain calendar and assist with scheduling of conference room.
22. Ensure various documents are received, distributed, approved and processed including but not limited to employee time and leave reporting, checks, personnel action forms, and purchasing documents.
23. Participate in University committees as needed.
24. Assist the Director of Budget with budget inquiries and transfers.
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Four years of administrative support experience.
- Experience with basic bookkeeping or accounting preferred.
Response Instruction: To apply for this position visit https://jobs.montevallo.edu
UM is an EO Employer
Title: Human Resource Manager
Company: Mueller Company - Albertville, AL Operations
Mueller Company (Mueller Co.), the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an opening in our Albertville, Alabama manufacturing plant for a Human Resource Manager.
The Albertville Operations manufacturers the world’s most recognizable fire hydrants with other three million fire hydrants produced over the past 36+ years. The facility employees approximately 450 hourly and salaried associates with hourly production employees represented by the GMP union.
The HR Manager is a key member of the Location Leadership team. This person will be responsible for all aspects of HR management for one of Mueller Co’s largest facilities. He/She will also be a participant on the location Steering Committee that drives the Strategic Development and planning processes for the location in support of all Operations Excellence initiatives. The position will have a dual reporting responsibility to the Albertville Operations Plant Manager and the Mueller Co. HR Director. Additionally, this person will provide supervisory oversight to the local HR Team, including an HR Generalist and Employee Relations Specialist.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Develop human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Accomplish special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Provide direct supervision, guidance, and mentoring to HR Generalist and Employee Relations Specialist
- Ensure the safety of the company’s most valuable asset, its employees, through HR support of EHS initiatives and programs designed to reduce or eliminate risk, hazards, and unsafe behaviors. (Safety has its own separate oversight and reports to the Plant Manager.)
- Support local operational and HR initiatives by driving and tracking HR metrics (i.e., absenteeism, grievance, discipline, etc.)
- Manage talent review; drive all talent and succession planning activities.
- Administration of all talent management activities.
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Drive and support Employee Engagement Survey action items.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related HR-discipline
- 5 years of related HR generalist experience, with 2+ years in labor relations
- HR experience in a manufacturing plant environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and HRIS skills
- Basic understanding and experience in the application of Six Sigma or Lean Tools.
- A consistent track record for executing performance objectives and delivering results with minimal supervision
- Master’s degree in Business or related HR-discipline
- 7+ years of HR generalist experience with increased levels of HR responsibility
- 3+ years in a Leadership role, preferably in HR environment.
- HR experience with both hourly and salaried employees
- PHR or SPHR certification
Relocation assistance may be offered for this position.
Individuals interested in this position should apply for this position through the website in which this opportunity is being viewed or apply directly at the Mueller Water Products’ career portal. (https://mwpcareers.silkroad.com/) All resumes will be collected through the Mueller Water Products’ Silk Road (Open Hire) online recruiting platform. Resumes mailed, faxed, or emailed will not be reviewed. Mueller Company will contact desired applicants to proceed in the hiring process. Please do not contact Mueller regarding the status of your application.
Mueller Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term and long-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, supplemental insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.