Title: Director of Human Resources
Company: STREAMLINE CXO
The person in this role must have an appreciation for the value and importance of customer service.
This person is accountable for the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and
procedures for both our company and our client companies with an emphasis in/on employee relations,
supervisor/management training and employment law compliance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients by working proactively with owners and management.
- Maximize the client’s value of HR services through ongoing education and communication with both management and employees.
- Minimize risk by maintaining compliance with applicable laws, polices and regulations.
- Lead / coordinate internal team members and services to help support client needs.
- Define and evolve structure for the existing Human Resource service model.
This job rewards those who value knowledge and continuous education and intellectual growth
- Self‐Management / Self Starter
- Continuous Learning / Decision Making
- Interpersonal skills / Teamwork
- Diplomacy and Tact
- Personal Accountability / Goal Achievement
- Customer Focus
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
as well as rewards those who value traditions inherent in structure, rules, regulations and principles.
The job’s success depends on systems and procedures; its successful performance is tied to careful
organization of activities, task and projects that require accuracy. Record keeping and planning are
essential components of the job.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
POSITION REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and client employees.
- Develops, maintains and improves formal hiring, disciplining and terminating process for clients. Certifies that all such processes and procedures are valid and non-discriminatory.
- Maintain familiarity with labor laws and proposed legislation which will impact client operations.
- Serves as resource for client managers and supervisors in the interpretation and implementation of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- To the extent possible, ensures employee (managers, supervisors and employees) compliance with written policies and procedures. Communicates with clients to explain additions and modifications to Human Resources practices and procedures.
- With client input, determines training needs for supervisors and initiates appropriate training.
- Consults with labor counsel as needed to verify policy proposals are consistent with state and federal law. With input from clients, writes policy changes or policy amendments
- Assistance in the annual evaluation of company benefits and the explanation of benefit programs to new employees
- Awareness of payroll and payroll tax administration services provided to clients
- Represent our company in various organizations including Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and local personnel organizations.
- Participate as required in community activities.
- Develops and maintains relationships with third party professionals who provide services such as outplacement, legal, industrial psychologist and relocation services.
To qualify for consideration an applicant must possess the following skills:
Response Instruction: To apply for this position email Joe Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with and managing people
- Exceptional relationship building / interpersonal skills
- Must possess good verbal presentation skills
- Must be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails
- Strong needs assessment skills
- Strong project management and team/leadership development skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
Title: Human Resources Generalist
Company: University of Montevallo - Montevallo, AL
Essential Job Duties:
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employment changes in Banner in a timely fashion.
- Update, enroll, and terminate insurance benefits in Banner and on other third-party provider websites.
- Assist with the new employee on-boarding process by preparing correspondence and required documentation; verifying work status through the I-9 and E-Verify processes; making updates to the new hire orientation web pages as needed.
- Prepare electronic personnel action forms for submittal; apply completed personnel action forms to employment records as needed.
- Respond to routine questions and/or requests regarding claims, benefits, and other HR matters.
- Maintain beneficiary information for all employees; process changes as requested.
- Create and maintain reports in Excel and Argos as needed.
- Aid other members of the HR staff with special projects, events, and related activities.
- Assist with the administration of confidential Family and Medical Leave by preparing required notices and monitoring leave reports.
- Assure compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed.
- Responsible for filing and maintaining confidential medical information in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Assist with creating and editing of position descriptions and maintaining position information in Applicant Tracking and HRIS systems.
- Supervise student workers and interns as needed.
Education and Experience:
Qualified candidates must have an Associate’s Degree in business administration, human resources or a related field required; or equivalent experience in an HR/Payroll setting. Three years of Human Resources, Payroll, or related experience. Experience using Banner HRIS system strongly preferred.
Salary range: $24,469 - $32,625 plus a competitive benefit package that includes full tuition waivers for eligible employees (after 6 months of employment), spouses, and dependents (after 12 months of employment).
Response Instruction: To apply for this position visit https://Jobs.Montevallo.edu.
UM is an EO employer
Title: Compensation Analyst
Company: Infinity Insurance Company
As a Compensation Analyst at Infinity, you will provide analytical, project and procedural support to meet Infinity's total rewards program. Areas include but are not limited to compensation and incentive administration, job evaluation, salary structures, and employee perks.
* Administers compensation processes, system updates, communication and training materials, and end-user support for performance management, salary planning including incentives, market pricing, internal/external comparisons, FLSA evaluation, job evaluation/descriptions, salary structure, internal surveys, third-party surveys, etc.
* While meeting established deadlines, administers compensation and total rewards (including events and perks) plans/initiatives in accordance with accounting standards, legal regulations, corporate policy, and the company's desired competitiveness in the market.
* Cross trains within Shared Services Team and assists in the maintenance of benefits and other HR programs.
* Meets service standards for providing customer service to plan participants to include inquiries to the 800 line(s) and e-mail box(es).
* Develops, prepares and delivers oral, electronic and written communications, which may include, but are not limited to announcements, newsletters, reports and presentations, policy and handbook edits, org charts, and intranet postings.
* Assists with preparing, maintaining, and delivering New Employee Orientation and training.
* Performs all other duties assigned.
At Infinity, you will be a part of an established, innovative and industry-leading organization. We are committed to our employees by providing a competitive compensation and benefits package. You will find Infinity to be a rewarding place to develop your career.
Here is some of what we have to offer for you to join our team:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401(k) with company match
• Short and long term disability
• Employee stock purchase plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid time off account
• Paid holidays
• Profit sharing
• Employee Discount Programs
• Employee tuition assistance
• Flexible work schedules
• Business Casual Attire
1. B.S. in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area and one year applicable Compensation Analyst experience.
2. Professional certification in compensation (CCP, etc.) required or currently pursuing such certification is preferred.
3. Must maintain confidentiality of information.
4. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
5. Strong knowledge of basic office software (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and reporting functionality.
6. Excellent customer service skills.
7. Strong sense of urgency, energy and passion.
Infinity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Response Instruction: To apply for this position visit www.infinityauto.com and click on our Infinity Careers Center.
Title: HR Benefit Specialist
Company: Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama - Birmingham, AL
Compensation and Benefits is responsible for all associate payrolls and the administration of associate benefit plans. Compensation and Benefit Specialists are available to our associates to answer questions they may have regarding payroll, tax withholding, and benefits such as health, dental, life insurance, family and medical leave, and retirement plans.
This position ensures the efficient administration and communication of health and welfare benefit programs while maintaining plan compliance in accordance with company policy, and state/federal regulations. This includes benefit calculation, benefit auditing, associate data maintenance, as well as, timely and accurate reporting of benefit data to Payroll. The incumbent performs project oriented technical support and system configuration. Developing workflow process improvements and system enhancements is essential in order to maximize productivity. Additionally, the incumbent updates and maintains health and welfare benefit plan documents and may facilitate benefit enrollment for new hires. The HR Benefit Specialist is responsible for staying informed of all legislation changes and/or industry trends.
Summary of Qualifications
Bachelor degree (preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources or related field)
Knowledge of health and welfare benefit plans
Experience in a position requiring strong attention to detail
Experience managing multiple projects with various priorities
Ability to interact with all levels of customers, internal and external
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict ridden customer situations
Experience in a position exercising independent judgement and decision making
Experience presenting information in formal and informal settings
Experience researching and analyzing data
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Ability to maintain highly sensitive and/or confidential information
Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations as it relates to benefits (i.e. ACA, FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, ADA, HIPAA, and COBRA).
Experience using query tools preferred
Experience with the development of system enhancements and implementation strongly preferred
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
Response Instruction: To apply for this position visit www.bcbsal.jobs
Title: HR Generalist
Company: Gibralter Industries - Birmingham, AL
The HR Business Partner acts as a partner to the line by embedding HR strategy and providing professional HR guidance and support to relevant internal client groups with the objective of adding value to the business.
Integrity: Demonstrates high level of integrity, character, morals, and ethics
Results Orientation: Self-motivated and continually drives results
Learner: Continually strives to learn more
Core, Leadership, & Functional Competencies
- Substantial business acumen
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between HR and business strategy
- Ability to develop and/or implement clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy
- Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy
- Ability to develop and/or deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences
- Ability to engage, inspire, influence, and coach people
- Effective team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to identify problems, determine root causes, and implement countermeasures
- Significant knowledge of HR policies and processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management)
- Knowledge of applicable labor laws and experience with union avoidance
- Knowledge of and experience with HR metrics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and processes
- Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy
- Implement appropriate employee training and manage its delivery
- Facilitate long-term initiatives aligned with the strategic agenda
- Help the business unit leader to provide employees with development opportunities and ensure that they are able to meet current and future performance standards
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
- Provide expert advice and coaching to employees when appropriate
- Understand employee opinions and anticipate their needs and concerns
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve the HR policies and initiatives
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement
- Act as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure that HR services are aligned with internal client needs
- Identify new opportunities where HR can add value to the business
- Maintain a knowledge of progressive HR practices and key trends
- Ensure that a strong leadership and coaching culture permeates the organization
- Manage specific projects as determined in the annual HR operational plan and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives
- Tracking and analysis of key workforce metrics
- Change management
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field
- Graduate degree preferred
- At least 4–5 years experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of and experience with 6 Sigma and/or Lean preferred
Response Instruction: Applicants, please email your resume to Katelyn George at email@example.com
Title: HRM Consultant
Company: The University of Alabama at Birmingham - UAB
Summary:The HRM Consultant performs Human Resources (HR) related duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employment, employee relations, benefits and compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the first point of HR contact for UAB Medicine leadership/administration, and staff in assigned Hospital departments.
- Assists with employee disciplinary procedures and relations issues.
- Handles complex employee relations problems.
- Partners with Leadership to communicate, interpret and implement human resource policies, procedures, laws and government regulations to the staff and faculty of the assigned customer unit(s).
- May recruit for some positions.
- Represent Human Resources on Various UAB Medicine committees.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement
- Five (5) years of related experience required.
- Currently certified as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the Human Resources Certification Institute (HRCI) preferred.
- Prior experience in a hospital setting is desirable.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a comprehensive urban university with a nationally recognized academic health center. is the largest employer in Birmingham. UAB Human Resources supports the mission of the by helping the one of the state’s largest employers become the first choice for those who share our vision of a research university and academic health center that discovers, teaches and applies knowledge for the intellectual, cultural, social and economic benefit of Birmingham, the state and beyond.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family-friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Response Instruction: https://uab.taleo.net/careersection/ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=T36236
Title: Site Human Resource Manager
Company: Evonik Industries - Birmingham, AL
Summary: Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Our innovative spirit and integrate technology platforms support our strategic focus on high-growth megatrends in health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. And that means a world of opportunities for you. There’s no better time than right now to build your future with us and be a part of our international team.
- Manage the daily Human Resources function for the assigned sites. This includes recruitment, promotion, job transfers, employment separations, employee complaint investigation, legal investigations and compliance, compensation administration, and Employee Open Door activities.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective partnerships with SiteManagement.
- Advise and counsel Management regarding interpretation and compliance of all Employment laws and related compliance. Monitor effectiveness and develop strategies with HR Director and Legal department to ensure overall compliance.
- Manage the administration of the HR Policies. Train and advise Management and employees on the correct and consistent understanding and application of these policies.
- Manage the development and implementation of competitive hourly wages for the site.
- Manage the annual implementation and review of the Salary and Hourly Performance Evaluation program. Advise Management on appropriate approach regarding employee performance deficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 7 or more years of Human Resource Generalist experience with increasing responsibility.
- A working knowledge and hands-on experience with Federal Employment Law.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate at all levels of the organizations.
- Effective writing skills are essential to success in communicating with all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
What we offer
- You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment.
- Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently.
- Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package.
Reach out to Evonik today, so we can reach tomorrow together. Then apply online via our online careers portal at https://www.evonik.com/careers. VACANCY REFERENCE NUMBER 62905.
Evonik Corporation is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Corporation via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Corporation. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Corporation as a result of the referral or through other means.It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.
Response Instruction: Go to our website at www.Evonik.com/Careers
Title: HR Intern
Company: Summer Classics - Pelham, AL
Job Type: Full Time Hourly - Summer Intern
The HR Intern will gain experience in a busy HR team managing approximately 400 employees in both Corporate and remote locations.
Essential Job Duties
-General HR Duties – 40%
- Assists in the implementing of HR policies and procedures;
- Co-ordinates all recruitments activities and induction process for new employees;
- Responds to department inquiries in a timely manner.
-HR Administration – 40%
- Establishes and maintains administrative systems and processes that allow effective management of all documentation and reporting requirements;
- Updates and maintains data of all new and existing employees;
- Assists in audits and follow-up of outstanding items.
-Projects – 20%
- Depending on the interest and background of the individual, projects will include such areas as HRIS systems, learning and development, staff attraction, employer branding, recruitment strategies, employee relations activities, etc.
Additional Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Any other duties as assigned by VP of HR.
Expected Hours of Work
Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Monday through Friday starting May 16, 2016 through August 12, 2016.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
-Must be a four-year degree seeking HR major at a junior or senior-level with a 2.5 GPA minimum;
-Some previous HR experience preferred;
-Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
-Good computer skills – knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and Word required;
-Organized and detail-oriented required;
-Problem solving skills and positive, professional demeanor are required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; occasionally sit or climb stairs; balance; stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus (correctable) and detect color differences. Hearing abilities include the ability to hear clearly while working in person or on telephone (correctable).
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with alternating periods of moderate to high stress.
Response Instruction: To apply for this position, e-mail resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist/ Recruiter- Birmingham, Alabama
Company: Integrated Medical Systems International, Inc.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist/ Recruiter is responsible for initiating and leading talent acquisition efforts to include full life cycle recruiting, developing and executing a broad based sourcing strategy, and ultimately delivering a viable talent pipeline for the business. Responsibilities will also include tracking and reporting on key metrics, driving process improvements, leading recruiting and HR effectiveness initiatives, and building a strong relationship with functional HR leaders, business leaders, and hiring managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and execute full life cycle recruiting.
Partnering with HR and hiring managers, develop a deep understanding of assigned positions and business groups. Identify required skills, experience, and competencies, as well as other in tangible job profile preferences.
Develop and implement effective, leading edge sourcing strategies. Leverage a range of sources, relevant to the job, such as universities, job boards, LinkedIn Recruiter, Google search, and other social media. Identify key diversity sourcing tools to ensure we are attracting a diverse pool of talent.
Design behavioral based interviewing guides, based on core and functional competencies.
Source, screen and present qualified candidates to hiring managers.
Apply tools and provide guidance and advise to drive influence the best hiring decision.
Extend, negotiate and close offers.
Provide hiring managers with advice, training and tools to create an effective hiring process and positive experience for the candidate.
Develop a network of potential candidates or referral sources. Serve as company liaison to candidates, presenting a positive and compelling company image.
Manage requisitions through ATS to ensure that hiring activity is documented according to OFCCP and AAP requirements.
Experience and Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two to seven years of recruitment and/or staffing experience in a professional fast paced environment. Industry experience preferred.
Must have working experience with applicant tracking systems and AAP/OFCCP compliance.
- High volume non-exempt recruiting strongly preferred.
Response Instruction: https://steris.hua.hrsmart.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/12201
Title: Human Resource Generalist
Company: Home Depot
PURPOSE: Execute HR plans and programs to ensure most effective utilization of HR in assigned location. Interpret company HR policies and procedures, laws and regulations. May perform duties in any of the following functional areas of HR, EEO/AAP, Staffing, Compensation/Benefits, Training, Organizational Development, and Employee Relations. May perform project work as necessary.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Resolve general Associate Relations issues. Conduct employee relations investigations and fact finding. Administer Company’s correction action process in partnership with DC HR Manager
• Identify breaches of culture/values that impact the work environment
• Assist with unemployment claims information and unemployment hearings
• Analyze HR reports, identify opportunities/trends, propose action plans
• Assist line management with HRIS program related training and transaction support.
• Supports training initiatives and assists HRM in delivering training
• Assist in the selection of Leadership positions
• Assist in the communication and enrollment process of employee benefits programs
• Interpret and provide guidance on corporate policy
NATURE AND SCOPE
• Typically reports to Human Resources Manager
• No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
• Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
• Must be eighteen years of age
• Must pass the Drug Test
• Must pass the Background Check
• Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable EDUCATION REQUIRED The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job. YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
• Experience in responding to third party litigation and unemployment claims
• Experience in administering compensation programs
• Experience in administering a company's corrective action process
• Experience in delivering formal class room training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge of principles, procedures, and employment laws and regulations.
• Skilled at conflict resolution
• Uses systematic approaches
Response Instruction: To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.