Title: Payroll/Benefits Temp
Company: Samford University
This is a temporary position that may last as long as October 2016. This position will assist with payroll, benefits and new hire paperwork. This position will require data entry as well as significant paperwork. At least 2 years of related experience is required.
Response Instruction: To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Human Resources Generalist
Company/Division: McWane, Inc.
Location: Birmingham, AL
Supervisor’s Title: Group Director, Human Resources
The Human Resources Generalist provides administrative and project support to the Corporate Human Resources team. The incumbent is a key member of the HR team and will handle a variety of assignments and administrative functions of the HR department and will be involved in the development of HR department initiatives that support the company’s overall performance.
1. Assist with foreign candidates and external immigration counsel in preparing appropriate immigration cases and documents.
2. Assist in immigration process with foreign candidates with regard to immigration activity, including postings and required file maintenance.
3. Keep abreast of government, regulatory and/or other pertinent standards, requirements or information regarding employment of individuals on work visas and employment authorizations.
4. Conduct new hire orientation
5. Develop annual HR audit schedules
6. Assist with EEO-1 and VETS 4212 data collection and input into Federal government website
7. Assist in liaison capacity to 3rd party vendors associated with candidates post offer requirements
8. Assist with administration of FMLA, and return to work procedures
9. Assist human resources team members with projects and regular workloads, when needed, to ensure tasks are completed in the required time frame.
10. Assist in the preparation of presentations, reports, and memos utilizing full knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
11. Assists with the recruitment process including posting jobs to appropriate job boards, providing input on the creation and maintenance of job descriptions, preparing effective interview questions, coordinating pre-employment activities (i.e. reference checks, background checks, post offer physicals, etc.), participating in interviews, and candidate selection process.
12. Create/edit job requisitions and post to ATS and other recruiting sites
13. Maintain HR SharePoint sites by updating and/or removing expired data
14. Maintain employee active files and ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to I-9 maintenance
15. Responsible for ensuring new hire paperwork required to place employees on payroll and create HR file is completed and processed.
16. Process I-9’s via E-Verify and enter information in Alabama New Hire database
17. Process background checks and drug screens/physicals for new hires
18. Capture minutes/notes in meetings and post to HR SharePoint site
19. Update and maintain Corporate organizational charts
20. Provide written and verbal employment verifications
21. Establish call-in numbers for Cisco WebEx and administers HR Bi-weekly and Community calls
22. Schedule conference rooms for HR meetings
23. Ensure new hire on-boarding materials are current
24. Maintain new hire documentation storage unit
25. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimal travel on as needed basis to sites across the United States.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Human Resources or related field.
2. Minimum 3 years’ progressive experience in human resources discipline, preferably in a manufacturing organization.
3. PHR or SPHR preferred
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
5. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
6. Proficient in use of Microsoft products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Attention to detail
8. Commitment to confidentiality
9. Ability to maintain and organize records and documentation
10. Good verbal and written communication skills
11. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
High energy level, and flexible
Strong administrative skills
Resourceful and organized
Highly “customer centric” personality while maintaining confidentiality and professionalism
Apply at: www.McWane.com
McWane is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. McWane will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or service member status, marital status, citizenship status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Title: HR Generalist (Payroll)
Company: Altec Industries, Inc.
We have an immediate opening for an HR Generalist at our Southern Operations Manufacturing facility in Birmingham. This position will have general HR responsibilities along with payroll processing.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (examples of work performed)
Provides information to associates and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit plans, and collective agreement provisions.
Issues and records adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
Monitors changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
Records leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for associates.
Processes paperwork for new associates and enters associate information into the payroll system.
Records associate job information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records.
Reviews time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
Verifies attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and posts information onto designated records.
Distributes badge and Kronos time cards.
Compiles associate time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records
Compiles statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submits them to appropriate departments.
Computes wages and deductions, and enter data into computers.
Serves as a confidential point of contact for associates to communicate and seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
Performs other HR duties as assigned in areas of recruiting. associate relations, benefits, or training.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or GED required
Two years applicable experience required.
Payroll experience is preferred.
In lieu of experience College Degree required.
Excellent computer skills required. Prefer Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Kronos experience
The job level may be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Response Instruction: Please apply online at www.altec.com/careers
Title: Benefits Administrator
Department: Human Resources
Job Code: BENADM
Location: Corporate Office
Position Type: Full Time
Travel Required: 25%
This position is responsible for the administration if associate benefit programs to include medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, life and disability, employee assistance program, accident and critical illness, payroll savings plan, stock purchase plan and the 401(k) plan. Answers benefits questions and resolves issues.
She/he must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills for assisting associates of all Books-A-Million associates. They should have knowledge of and familiarity with Lawson Software, the primary HRIS/BENEFITS system used by the company.
The Benefits Administrator will work closely with other members of the Human Resources team to assure timely administration of benefits and dissemination of pertinent information. They will also work with the Payroll team to ensure all deductions are communicated and taken in a timely manner. They will perform other duties related to Books-A-Million benefits as directed by the Vice President of Human Resources.
Roles and Responsibilities
Administers employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; basic hospital, medical, surgical, and major medical plans; term life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and accidental death policies and supplemental programs
Responds to associate questions regarding their benefits and resolves any issues or problems
Maintains up to date and accurate benefit records using the Lawson system. Submits detailed reports weekly to vendors via Lawson file feed.
Completes accurate benefits transactions via the Lawson system including New Hires, Associate status changes, Qualifying Events, Open Enrollment and other deductions as indicated
Processes information to the SunTrust website including distributions for terminations, retirements or deaths
Processes and submits the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Preferred Account Voucher detail
Processes 401 (k) information including Loan Detail reports, Auto Termination Report
Informs new hires regarding their health and welfare benefits including instruction for associates to enroll in the Self Service portal
Process and submit required reports for benefits eligibility, enrollment, COBRA, payroll and others as required
Submits and tracks manual benefit payments for associates on Leaves of Absence
Installs approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement material, booklets, and other media for communicating new plans to employees.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or similar degree program required.
SPHR, CBP or CEBS certification(s) preferred.
Two or more years related experience in a Benefits Administration position
Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate with associates at all levels across the enterprise in person, via phone or written correspondence.
Highest regard for confidentiality of all information related to associates, dependents, and their personally identifiable information.
Intermediate to advanced skills of computer software including LAWSON, MS WORD and EXCEL.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Response Instruction: If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to Jana Green at email@example.com visit our website at booksamillion.com to apply directly.