Primary responsibility will be to manage and administer all corporate health & welfare plans, leave of absence and retirement employee benefits programs in order to achieve a high level of employee service, ensure legal compliance and manage plan expenditures. Additional responsibilities will include HRIS administration and some generalist HR support as needed.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of benefits/leave-related laws and regulations such as ERISA, FMLA, USERRA, etc. and their enforcement agencies.
- Administer the company’s fully-insured BCBS Medical Plan, Dependent and Health Care Section 125 accounts and the EAP.
- Administer company-sponsored insured benefit plans including dental, prescription drug, vision, STD, LTD, and optional plans.
- Administer the company’s 401(k) profit sharing plan by coordinating open enrollments, communicating plan benefits to employees, coordinating the Retirement Committee, and working with the Plan Trustee, Investment Advisor and Auditor.
- Maintain current, organized, accurate and auditable records.
- Ensure that all benefits programs are administered in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Compile, check and arrange for the filing of required government reports, including Forms 5500 and EEO-1.
- Create and maintain a benefits cost database tracking all direct and indirect costs by plan.
- Effectively work with and manage vendor relationships and expenditures by developing and maintaining understanding of contracts, auditing submitted invoices and authorizing payment for properly contracted and delivered services. Participate in the selection of new vendors.
- Identify and resolve individual and systemic benefits issues with employees, vendors and other providers.
- Serve as corporate Leave of Absence Administrator by managing all employee leaves under the company’s insured STD plan while ensuring compliance with the FMLA and related regulations.
- Work with HR team to create and champion communications content and use appropriate delivery channels to effectively and clearly communicate benefit programs in an understandable format to all employees.
- Plan, develop and manage the company’s annual open enrollment process.
- Administer COBRA, including eligibility, enrollment, payments, termination, and legal compliance.
- Manage the HR benefits/payroll interface.
- Serve as HRIS administrator by overseeing various HR systems to ensure efficient and effective support for HR staff and managers.
- Provide support to other HR areas as required.
Qualified candidates will have 5+ years benefits management/administration experience. Preferred candidates will have 3+ years corporate benefits administration experience covering BCBS and various insured plans and exposure to 401(k) administration. Medical/dental/vision/STD/LTD and 401(k) experience is required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT SHELIA FONDREN, firstname.lastname@example.org
OR VISIT OUR WEBSITE https://www.mspark.com/about-mspark/careers/