100 Missionary Ridge Dr
Birmingham, AL 35242
Join our mailing list to be the first to know about conferences, networking events, and everything HR.
Position: Balch & Bingham LLP is seeking a Director of Human Resources located in our Birmingham, AL office. We provide a business-first perspective to our clients who range from individuals and government organizations to blue-chip corporations. We take a strategic approach to help our clients build stronger, more profitable companies.
The HR Director will be responsible for developing and driving initiatives centered on recruiting, talent management; engagement and retention; compensation and benefits; training and professional development and legal compliance.
• Develop and manage strategies related to talent acquisition, staffing, engagement, retention, training and development.
• Manage the firm’s compensation strategy and payroll policies and practices.
• Support firm leadership and management by identifying issues; contributing information; analyzing data; and providing advice or counsel related to human resources expertise.
• Prepare and provide analysis for key HR-related statistics and metrics.
• Develop, implement and review firm-wide policies and procedures and monitor compliance with such policies and procedures. • Comply with federal, state and local requirements related to human resources; initiate necessary training and changes to appropriate policies and procedures as needed to ensure legal compliance.
• Conduct and respond to employee investigations consulting with management and legal counsel on next steps.
• Build collaborative partnerships and relationships necessary to nurture the firm’s culture and achieve strategic initiatives. • Manage annual performance management processes; leading performance calibration and coaching leaders on employee relation initiatives. • Manage the firm’s compensation strategy and payroll administration policies and processes. • Oversee the administration of the firm’s health and welfare benefit programs. • Prepare and monitor the departmental budget for the efficient utilization of firm resources and monies.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of HR laws and federal and state regulations. • Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. • Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management. • Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information with discretion. • Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced environment. • Positive, flexible attitude that builds strong relationships across the organization. • Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience using HRIS and/or payroll systems. • Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently. • Business and client service focused. • Some travel required.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field.
• 7-10 years progressive experience in Human Resources and 5+ years of management experience.
• PHR or SHRM certification preferred.
• Prior experience working within the professional services environment preferred.